Everyday Makeup


Happy Tuesday everyone!
I thought I would share my everyday favorite makeup items! Some of these are relatively new, some are old favorites, but all are my go to staples for an every day, quick look! Hope you enjoy!

1    1.  Primer
I have combination to oily skin, which is actually pretty difficult to manage because I tend to buy oil free and mattify-ing products, but if I use too many of those my skin can appear dry and flaky (especially if I use powder to set everything). This “matte rescue” primer from Benefit is perfect for me because it is a gel consistency that dries quickly but doesn’t leave a residue or film on my skin. I use this before I put on foundation.

2    2.  Foundation
This is 100% my holy grail foundation. The Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation in Rose Ivory never fails. It has a creamy consistency that allows you to build for coverage, so if my skin is lookin’ good and I just need a light cover to help color correct, a thin layer of this is perfect. However, if I am super tired, breaking out or just need some extra lift, you can layer on this foundation for a full coverage look. It’s just perfect in every way.

3    3.  Concealer
This MAC concealer is another absolute favorite that has been in my collection for several years. This is the MAC studio finish concealer in NW20. Not only does this color match my skin perfectly, but I find it doesn’t crease at all, even after several hours of wear. I get a lot of redness around my nose (thanks pale skin and allergies) and dark circles under my eyes (thanks 12 hour shifts and grad school life), but this concealer is able to cover all of it! It is also water resistant and has SPF 35! Can't get much better than that!

4    4.  Bronzer
This bronzer was an awesome drugstore find that I picked up forever ago from CVS. It is a Milani Baked Bronzer in #05 Soleil. I used to use NARS Laguna bronzer, but when I ran out I saw this in my collection and decided to try it out before going out and repurchasing the NARS one, since it is so expensive. To my surprise, I’ve been loving it! It has a small amount of shimmer and has a good amount of pigment that I can swipe it on my cheeks and my forehead (and basically everywhere) without it looking streaky or too dark.

5    5.  Blush
This blush is one of my all time favorites. “Rockateur” by Benefit is a rose gold color that I place on the apples of my cheeks and pull up to my temples. This color looks good no matter what time of year and it really stays on all day long. It also has a delicious smell that makes me excited to use it every time I pull it from my collection!

6    6.  Eye primer
I am a HUGE fan of MAC’s paint pots as a eyeshadow primer and even just as an eyelid color. My go-to color for a pure shadow primer is Painterly. This is an opaque beige color that matches my skin color perfectly. It allows my shadows to stay all day/ night and not crease over time. If I am doing a quick makeup look and just want a quick eye color, I usually grab my Vintage Selection paint pot. This is a rose gold (sense a theme??) shimmery color that I always get complicated on, and its so easy and quick to apply!

7    7. Eye shadows
When I do feel fancy enough to put some shadows on, my go to palate is Naked 3 by Urban Decay. This palate has a rose gold theme (there I go again with the rose gold…) and a great mixture of matte and shimmer colors to create a really dynamic look. I love putting a lighter shimmer color all over my lid and then a darker matte color on my outer lid and blending it into my crease for a more dramatic look. This palate is so versatile and it’s definitely the one I reach for the most!

8    8. Mascara
I have definitely tried my fair share of mascaras over the past several years. I have tried everything from drug store to high end and most of the time find mascaras make my lashes look and feel dry and clumpy, and by the end of the day I have dark mascara residue circles under my eyes! That is, until I started using Urban Decay’s Perversion, and never looked back. This mascara makes my lashes look full, but still at a normal volume for daytime use, and never leaves them looking clumpy.

9    9. Lip color
I am a huge lip product fan. My purse has a bag literally dedicated to lip products so I can take my favorites with me all the time. Lately I have been loving liquid lipsticks in nude/ neutral colors. My current go to is the Stila Stay All DayLiquid Lipstick in Baci. This color is definitely a neutral with just a hint of pink. Perfect for the fall since its not as bright as some colors, but definitely not a dark winter color. I am planning on doing a post on all my favorite neutral lip colors, so stay tuned!


So these are all my favorite every day make up go to’s! Let me know in the comments your favorites, I am always looking to try new products!!

Xoxo, Bethany

No comments

Back to Top